Abstract Submission for the 4th NYSORA International Symposium Opening Soon
- All abstracts should be submitted via the convention website at www.nysoramiddleeast.com(see link below). Faxed abstracts will not be considered
- All abstracts must be submitted by January 19th, 2018
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors have agreed to the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat
- Abstracts must contain original material
- Authors will be notified of successful abstract acceptance and presentation on or before January 27th, 2018
- Authors of the top 10 scoring abstracts will have the opportunity of giving an interview to be featured in NYSORA newsletters which goes out to 25,000 anesthesiologists worldwide
- All abstracts will be graded on a scale 1-10 (best) by blinded NYSORA Scientific Abstract Committee members. Abstracts scored 5 or higher will be published in a supplement to Minerva Medica
- The presenters of the top 3 abstracts will be awarded Certificates of Recognition and monetary awards ($500 best abstract, $350 for 2nd, $250 for 3rd) plus complimentary registration to the 4th NYSORA International Symposium.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register to attend the congress at the appropriate rate by February 16th, 2018. Abstracts without registration by the presenting author will not be included in the program
- Each presenter cannot have more than 4 presentations
- Posters will be viewed during dedicated poster times on March 23rd & 24th
Guidelines for Submission
- Acceptable categories:
- Original Research
- Case Reports
- Educational Series (e.g. Literature Review)
- An abstract should be as informative as possible
- Original Research abstracts should consist of five sections:
Introduction | Objectives | Methods | Results | Conclusion
- Case Report abstracts should consist of:an Introduction, Case Description and Conclusion(s)
- Educational Series abstracts may be unstructured
- Abstract length for all three categories should not exceed 350 words
- Abstract titles must be submitted in bold type using both upper and lower case font
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and
spelling of a quality suitable for publication
- Authors may include up to 2 tables with a maximum of 10 rows x 10 columns per abstract
- Up to two illustrations can be included. The file size of each illustration should not exceed 500kb. The maximum pixel size of the illustration is 600(w) x 800(h). Graphs and images can be in JPG, PNG and GIF format, of high resolution only
- Each table/picture/graph counts as 30 words
- All abstracts must include a statement that human or ethics committee approval has been obtained by the submitter’s institutional Ethics Committee. NYSORA will not function as the reinforcing body to assure compliance, thus it is the sole responsibility of the submitters to ensure that their research and/or communication meets the Ethics Committee standards for human and animal research at their respective institutions. All case reports must include a statement that permission for presentation has been obtained by the patient, however Ethics Committee approval for case reports is not required.
- Patient confidentiality must be respected in all submissions.
- During the presentation, any conflict of interest must be disclosed for all co-authors.